Yields 8 portions
- 8 Pambazos
- 4 ¾ oz/134 g refried black beans
- ½ cup/118 mL mayonnaise
- 2 cups/473 mL shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup/237 mL shredded iceburg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 oz/57 g crumbled queso fresco
- Chiles Jalapeño en Escabeche, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Split the rolls horizontally.
- Spread the bottom layer of each bun with a thin layer of refried beans and the top of each bun with mayonnaise. Add a layer of lettuce and top with chicken, tomato, and queso. Garnish each sandwich with chiles jalapeño en escabeche, to taste. Place the top bun on the sandwiches.
- Serve the sandwiches at room temperature or place in a heated comal and toast before serving.
In addition to shredded chicken, common pambacito fillings include roasted pork shoulder, pork shoulder adobado, ham and cheese, or Mexican chorizo.